Saturday, April 5, 2008

April '08 Monthly Newsletter from my Website

Dear Friends,

Paint Happy is the name of both my art book and the series of paintings I make in that style. When I paint, I hold a thought/emotion in mind as I create. My Paint Happy series encourages happy, joyous thoughts. It's always a pleasure to make and to share with viewers and collectors. I'm happy to announce that High Desert Gallery in Sisters, Oregon is now the exclusive representative of my art in the Central Oregon region.Garden Store - Paint Happy Series.jpg

Along with representing some Paint Happy pieces online, Myrna Herrick Dow, a partner in High Desert Gallery, is an award winning framer. She has framed several pieces in the series -- gorgeous! The High Desert Gallery is also hosting the preview of the painting Springtime All Over - The Garden Store. I donated the original painting to the SIster's Folk Festival, My Own Two Hands Art event and auction. High Desert Gallery donated the framing. It's a wonderful cause: Art & Music in the schools. You can proxy bid by phone through April 12th.

Another wonderful public cause is the Jacobs Gallery in the Hult Center in Eugene, Oregon. The Gallery is a Non Profit organization funded through private donations, the City of Eugene and the sale of art. Latino Visions, a invitational exhibit of ten Northwest Hispanic artists, curated by Analee Fuentes, is open April 4 - May 17th. I'm proud to share 3 of my large Madonnas in that exhibit.

Acosta_Exterior.jpg
As the April days lengthen, warmer days that aren't too hot make for ideal house-painting weather! Ok, it's doesn't sound exciting, but it is a necessary chore if you own a home. To make choosing colors for the exterior of your home a little easier, I put together a collection of paint color choosing tips for you.
Conquistadora_M_web.jpg
If you aren't buying paintings or choosing paint colors, please don't feel left out. I have a new recipe for you. My Salsa recipe is easy, fast and authentic! Not only will you save money making your own salsa, it's easily adaptable to a variety of ingredients. And if you are feeding any fruit & vegetable-phobic eaters, you don't have to remind them that salsa is truly a health food! (The chips, maybe not!)

Live Happy,

Cristina

Subscribe to my Newsletter for once a month news

No comments:

Post a Comment