Friday, April 4, - May 15th 2008: Jacob’s Gallery, in the Hult Center, 7th & Willamette, Eugene, Oregon
Jacob’s Gallery in the Hult Center is hosting Latino Visions, curated by Analee Fuentes. This powerful art exhibit showcases established and emerging Oregon and Washington State Latino / Latina artists that contribute to the Pacific Northwest’s vital Latino arts community.
Analee Fuentes: "Entering the gallery is like entering a collective memory of thoughts, colors, shapes, icons, stories, and histories that we somehow share. It is magical and you should be proud! I want to take this momento to thank you all for your great efforts in making this dream come to fruition and for introducing this mid-Oregon valley to the power of Latino/a art! The complements are rolling in. We owe our deepest gratitude to Susan Detroy and Bev Soasey for their highly professional efforts at making this all a reality. These two women were amazing to work with, and their aesthetic sense was always right on-target!"
- Opening reception with food and refreshments is this Friday, April 4, 2008, from 5:30 - 8:30. The informal artist's talk prior to that from 3:30 to 4:30.
- Lane Arts Council’s First Friday ARTWalk, Eugene, Oregon, will be hosted by Debbie Williamson-Smith, PR/Marketing/Membership Coordinator for the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art. “The art walks provide a tremendous opportunity to explore the local art scene and see the variety of works being created by local and regional artists,” said Kari Westlund, the CEO and President of the Convention and Visitors Association of Lane County, Oregon. “It’s an on-going event that we regularly encourage residents and visitors to experience.” The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
Pacific Northwest Latino Artists:
- Armando Olveda - Portland, Oregon
- Analee Fuentes - Coburg, Oregon
- Blanca Santander - Seattle, Oregon
- Carmen R. Sonnes - Portland, Oregon
- Cecilia Alvarez - Seattle, Oregon
- Cristina Acosta - Bend, Oregon
- Paulina Hermosillo -Salem, Oregon
- Rodolfo Rios Garza - Seattle, Oregon
- Suzanne Tellez - Corvallis, Oregon
- Humberto Gonzalez - Portland, Oregon
To see my 3 large Hispanic Culture inspired paintings in the Latino Visions art Exhibit:
La Conquistadora / The Corn Maiden / Deni Spider Woman
La Malinche as La Guadalupe with the 3 Sisters: Corn, Squash & Beans
Eve & The Tree of Knowledge