Friday, July 25, 2008

Commission: Wedding Painting

I love painting commissions to commemorate a happy occasion or life experience. This morning I finished this 22" x 30" painting for a couple who are marrying and wanted an image for their wedding announcements (and for their wall). They asked for the image in my Paint Happy style and had a few ideas for the image. They love bright colors (sent me a list of the wedding colors) and they sent me photos of their wedding clothes along with a photo of the lighthouse in the San Juan Islands where the service would be.

This was a very fun piece to create. The groom is steadfast and loving, supporting the heart he and the bride embrace. She is happy and sanguine, serenely floating with flowers, music and hearts. Together they are flying over the sea surrounding the lighthouse.

The painting is 22" x 30", Acrylic and Hard Pastel with 22kt. gold leaf on 100% rag paper.

If you'd like to commission a painting, contact me for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment