Wednesday, March 5, 2008

March 2008 Newsletter from my Website

Dear Friends,

The days are getting longer and it's almost time for the Vernal Equinox. More sunshine is on its way! To get through the rest of winter I recommend more chocolate! I visited Oaxaca, Mexico last month andChoc_Mx_wisk.jpg alongBlue_Heron.jpg with enjoying the wonderful arts, crafts and ancient pyramids, I discovered a recipe for you, Chocolate with Water (Chocolate con Agua). Oaxaca is renowned for chocolate, and much of it is consumed as a beverage.

Along with traveling, I am fortunate to be able to share my art with the staff and patients at St. Charles Hospital in Bend, Oregon, through March & April. My art exhibit at St. Charles Hospital is of mostly my large-scale oil paintings from my Animal Spirit series. Deer, coyote, raccoon, raptors, other birds and animals visit my garden year round (despite living close to town). I long ago gave up typical gardening so that I could support the wildlife with feeders and water features to make up for the diminished forage they have since development in the area took off. I photograph and draw the animals before painting, only creating paintings of animals I’ve actually encountered.

Acosta_Exterior.jpg On the wall near the hospital chapel hang 4 of my Madonnas. One of those paintings, Guadalupe with Tear is also featured in The Business Journal of Hispanic Research, a bi-annual publication of the National Society of Hispanic MBAs. The periodical supports credible, peer reviewed research on Hispanics. They are changing the business environment for the better!

The change of seasons always inspires some people to paint their house. A journalist recently interviewed me for a national article about home exterior paint colors. If you’re feeling ready for a color change, I have a few choosing paint color tips on my website.

Live Happy,

Cristina

Subscribe to Cristina's Newsletter for once a month news.

No comments:

Post a Comment