Friday, February 27, 2009

Sketchbook: Drawing a Portrait in Pen


Drawing weekly from life is my artistic touchstone. I love working in a peaceful room with other artists. Our figure drawing group, run by artist Dawn Emerson at C.O.C.C, is a happy one. Mostly it's quiet, with Dawn's eclectic music playing as background music. But sometimes there's cheerful banter between artists and the model.

During each session we start out with 2 minute drawings and end up with poses that are about 30 minutes long at most.

Today I glanced to my right and noticed that the artist sitting next to me had a beautiful profile. So, while he concentrated on the model, I took a break from drawing the model and drew him. His name is Tripp. The drawing is ink on paper.

www.CristinaAcosta.com

2 comments:

  1. I just purchased your "Paint Happy" book, and I love it. I can't consider myself an artist, but I love to dabble. I can't wait to try your techniques. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased your "Paint Happy" book, and I love it, especially your bright colors and your free style. I can't wait to try your techniques. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete